The Dirty Dozen - Maximo Questions You Should be Asking
november 14, 2018
As we approach the end of the year, now is a good time to take stock and make sure your Maximo system is meeting the current needs of users and operations. Whether you are considering implementing IBM Maximo, upgrading or simply looking to better optimize your current system, here are a quick dozen questions to ask yourself.
- Do you have a backlog of change requests or support needs piling up?
- Do you have Maximo add-on productions, solutions, or licenses not being used?
- Are there more Maximo features and functionality that you could be using and are not?
- Do you have any Maximo standard functionality that is not working?
- Are you performing a lot of manual entry, possibly into multiple systems?
- Is your current or prior services partner providing the level of support and innovation you need to support operations?
- Do you want/need changes to structural data, like location, asset hierarchies, value lists, etc.?
- Do you have a training program (and periodic retraining) that reflects continual updated materials?
- Have you evaluated the ROI and lower total cost of ownership for moving to the cloud?
- Are you performing analysis on the data being collected and entered into your CMMS?
- Are you carrying forward system configurations or customizations which could now be replaced by standard features and functionality?
- Is your Maximo version older than Maximo 7.6.x?
If you checked "yes" or "don't know" to any of the above questions, you might be ready to talk with an expert about configuring, customizing or upgrading to help you get the most out of your Maximo system. Taking the next step could be as easy as a risk-free and cost-free assessment evaluation with the Ascension Strategies. Having worked in nearly every industry using IBM Maximo, we can help make sure you are asking the right questions to get the most out of your Maximo system.
- End of Support (EoS) for Maximo 7.6.0.x is on the Horizon — Ready to Upgrade?
- It's Time to Rethink Old Ideas with New Solutions
- Reviewing your IBM Maximo license utilization for audit compliance and potential cost savings has never been easier with HALO™
- The new remote workforce is coming - is your organization ready?
- Working from home? Try these 9 keys to success!
- Do Remote Consultants Provide the Same Value as Onsite Collaborations?
- What are Maximo Work Centers and Are They Worth the Hype?
- Got Data? It's time to Alchemize
- Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade in the New Year
- The Dirty Dozen - Maximo Questions You Should be Asking
- Want your project to succeed? Ask yourself these questions
- How to Overcome Today's Top Support Challenges
- Anatomy of change management - Part 1: Let's get technical
- Anatomy of change management - Part 2: The human factor
- Don't Start Without A Solid Plan for your next TECH Project
- Extending Maximo to the Field Service Teams
- Why Upgrade Your Maxixmo?
- Delivering Continuous Return on Investment (ROI) with IBM Maximo
Not Getting Our Posts and Industry News?