Why Upgrade Your Maximo?
This latest generation of Maximo version 7.6 software expands on previous versions to offer users a better look and feel, enhanced navigation, along with improved performance and reporting capabilities.
So, what's new in V7.6?
1. New look and feel
Maximo has adopted a skin previously used in other products. This means that labels can now be displayed vertically. The new navigation bar means it is easier to find applications without having to navigate through different sub-menus.
A new Recent Applications List ensures that frequently used applications are always quick to find and hover dialog boxes have been implemented, allowing users to hover over a field (e.g. userid) and see additional details, e.g. contact details for that person.
The Maximo front-end has been analyzed and the HTML reduced to ensure that pages are built and returned to the user quicker. This should also help customers using accessibility tools, such as screen readers.
3. Record locking
A number of customers have previously experienced the 'Record has been updated by another user' error when another user saves a record that they were editing. Maximo V7.6 now allows users to lock a record for editing to prevent this from happening.
4. Better support for multiple tenants
Maximo now makes it easier for customers who have multiple clients logging into Maximo, typically those using Service Provider.
The application has been built so that users from one client can have their own specific configurations, e.g. own users, messages, screen presentations, and records.
Please note that DB2 must be used as the Maximo database to use this feature.
5. Cognos reports
IBM has delivered a Cognos 10.2.1 implementation as part of V7.6. This will complement the BIRT reporting option and includes a number of Business Intelligence packs (sets of reports) to allow users to see more management type reports.
6. BIRT reports
BIRT has been upgraded to 4.3.1, allowing it to take advantage of improvements in the BIRT engine.
New features have also been added to help identify runaway reports and help cancel them, while user built query based reports now include the ability to include summaries/calculations in the output, rather than having to export the raw data into Excel.
7. KPI viewer application
Users have complained in the past about poor performance due to start centers displaying lots of KPIs. Maximo now includes a separate KPI viewer application to see the KPIs, so that start centers can load more quickly.
In addition, the information center help system is being replaced by the Knowledge Center, which provides better search facilities and easier ways to group favorite articles together.
8. Installer changes
Customers wishing to install Maximo 7.6 themselves will find that the installer has had an overhaul and is now easier to use, particularly for complex installations.
Other Upgrade Benefits
For users on Maximo versions pre-7.5, the latest generation software also offers significant functionality enhancements in the areas of: asset management, configuration tooling, global deployment, migration tooling, preventative maintenance, planning, reporting, safety, service management, supply chain, and work management. Furthermore, there is a proven path to upgrade with the IBM Maximo/Tivoli upgrade utility.
In addition to the core Maximo enhancements mentioned above, we also offer numerous Industry Solutions and Add-ons to Maximo 7.6 that were not available in the earliest releases. These include:
- The new IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler, where clients can view, schedule, assign and dispatch work orders graphically in a Gantt chart view. The dispatch module also includes a Map interface showing the technicians routing.
- The Maximo HSE add on, including Incident reporting, Investigations, Action Tracking, Management of Change and Work Permits.
- The Maximo Transportation Industry Solution.
- The Maximo Oil & Gas Industry Solution, including the HSE Add On, ISO Failure codes and Drilling Completion.
- The Maximo Utilities Industry Solution, including Spatial, Compatible Unit Estimating and Crew Management.
- The Maximo Nuclear Industry Solution.
- The new Maximo Mobile Suite of Applications.
- Maximo Everyplace, run Maximo from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Upgrade?
While users on V7.5 can upgrade automatically, users on V7.1 should take particular note as the EOS for this version will be effective from April 2015, so we are urging these customers to start planning for their upgrade now.
To further enhance your upgrade and planning, we recommend managed transitions through our Professional Services Team, who can provide a tailored upgrade solution for your specific Maximo utilization, deployment, and system configuration.
Our extensive experience of Maximo and the upgrade process, particularly in regulated environments, ensures a seamless transition to Maximo 7.6, in addition to numerous other benefits:
- Skilled in dealing with large volumes of data and eliminating prospective system down-time
- Ensuring the accuracy of data transfer and testing to ensure an error-free upgrade
- Highly experienced in complicated/older system upgrades
- Ability to offer business consulting services to enhance upgrade implementations and simplify business processes
- Hands-on industry experience, which gives us a unique understanding of each industry-specific set of challenges and compliance requirements
- End of Support (EoS) for Maximo 7.6.0.x is on the Horizon — Ready to Upgrade?
- It's Time to Rethink Old Ideas with New Solutions
- Reviewing your IBM Maximo license utilization for audit compliance and potential cost savings has never been easier with HALO™
- The new remote workforce is coming - is your organization ready?
- Working from home? Try these 9 keys to success!
- Do Remote Consultants Provide the Same Value as Onsite Collaborations?
- What are Maximo Work Centers and Are They Worth the Hype?
- Got Data? It's time to Alchemize
- Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade in the New Year
- The Dirty Dozen - Maximo Questions You Should be Asking
- Want your project to succeed? Ask yourself these questions
- How to Overcome Today's Top Support Challenges
- Anatomy of change management - Part 1: Let's get technical
- Anatomy of change management - Part 2: The human factor
- Don't Start Without A Solid Plan for your next TECH Project
- Extending Maximo to the Field Service Teams
- Why Upgrade Your Maxixmo?
- Delivering Continuous Return on Investment (ROI) with IBM Maximo
Not Getting Our Posts and Industry News?